No test is more accurate
Beltone 360˚ Hearing Evaluation is a comprehensive hearing protocol based on Beltone's 75 years’ experience in the hearing field. It includes a detailed case history, a communication needs assessment, and tests of hearing levels for soft tones and of regular speech as well as speech in noise. The test reveals if you need hearing aids or if medical care is required.
In the event that hearing aids are recommended, the Beltone 12Point Hearing Test also includes tests to determine how much improvement you can expect and a demonstration of the effect hearing aids would have on your hearing. The test is completely painless and can take up to two hours (this can be broken down into segments as needed).
The test’s 12 elements are:
- Case history
- Otoscopic inspection (examination of the ear)
- Sound field speech test in quiet
- Sound field speech test in noise
- Pure tone threshold test air-conducted
- Pure tone threshold test bone-conducted
- Speech reception thresholds
- Most comfortable speech level
- Uncomfortable hearing levels
- Speech discrimination levels
- QuickSINTest (speech in noise ratio test)
- Master hearing aid/Hearing aid demonstration